Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ElliotP
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Does Clustering Re-Run/Refresh

Morning,

I've been doing somethings with clustering and I can't work out if the clusters will re-run upon refresh or if they are static from the moment you have the clusters. So for example, you run clusters, recieve 4 back, new data comes in, will the powerbi service re-run the clustering to redefine/rebase the clustered groups or does it just maintain what was previous?

I've had a look but I couldn't find any documentation/threads.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@ElliotP,

In Power BI Desktop, you can perform incremental refresh with DAX, you can refer to this blog to get more details.

In Power BI Service, it will perform a complete refresh of the data each time data changes.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@ElliotP,

Which cluster do you refer to? The current refresh functionality in Power BI Service is “all or nothing”, when you make changes on your data source, Power BI performs a complete refresh of the data.

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

The all or nothing thing I think is what I'm hoping to hear.

What I mean, is when the report is refreshed either in the live service or in the desktop report; is clustering re-run over the same datapoints as specified when originally "automatically find clusters" 'ered?

@ElliotP,

In Power BI Desktop, you can perform incremental refresh with DAX, you can refer to this blog to get more details.

In Power BI Service, it will perform a complete refresh of the data each time data changes.

Regards,
Lydia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.