Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

chudson
Helper IV
Helper IV

Does Anyone Know why Date Hierarchies are not showing up in .PBIX files anymore?

Hi,

I am using date fields in matrixes and when I opened up a few of my desktop files today none of the date hierarchy fields are there, it is just the date per column.  Does anyone know why this is?  I don't even have the option to select the date hierarchy for these dates which makes no sense because I had this option a few days ago.

I haven't changed anything in my model yet and just noticed this when trying to do a few enhancements/updates.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I believe I figured out what went on here. 

I created another relationship to that date column and for some reason PBI removed the hierarchy set so to fix I just created a datekey string column in both tables and set the relationship to those columns and now the date hierarchy is back on my date column.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
OwenAuger
Super User
Super User

@chudson

By any chance is "Mark as Date table" selected for your Date table (Modelling => Calendars or on the table context menu)?

If "Mark as Date table" is selected, then the automatic date hierarchy disappears for any date columns of the Date table itself or date columns of other tables that are related to the Date table's date column.

If that's not the case, then that's a little puzzling...could you share a sanitised pbix file demonstrating the problem?

Regards,

Owen

Owen Auger
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Blog
Twitter
LinkedIn

Also check in File -> options and settings -> Options -> Data Load , Auto Date/Time is not unchecked.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

I believe I figured out what went on here. 

I created another relationship to that date column and for some reason PBI removed the hierarchy set so to fix I just created a datekey string column in both tables and set the relationship to those columns and now the date hierarchy is back on my date column.

Thanks,

kwinker0113

I am having the exact same issue, and my time intelligence quick measures have stopped working, need some help ASAP please.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.