Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pdacheva
Advocate II
Advocate II

Do you know of a combined visual to highlight Promotions?

Hi Team,

I have a serious brain picker here. I've been looking for ways to have combined visual that shows multiple line chart with Sales (split by category like "Customer") or with multiple Measures (no split by category CY vs LY) and at the same time show higlighted (maybe with bars) when in the selected period there was a promotion. The challenge here is that the Promotions are not happening only 1 day, should not be splitted by category and I need to show the length of the promotion period (the only visual showing period length  I've fount so far are Line chart and Gantt). Promotions could be 2 types max. In some cases CY vs LY promos and in other cases 2 types split by other business caracteristic. Tried several approaches that are shown in videos and blogs out there, but nothing gives the desired visual. I managed to achieve the CY vs PY promo case with markers (adding dummy Promo measures and showing only their markers, removing lines), but this approch splits the markers by the Axis granularity and doesn't work when Sales measure is split by Category. I'm attaching some screenshots of what I currently have and my desired result in case someone has an idea how such visual or something similar could be achieved. Having two visuals one behind another is not an option either because I'm changing the Axis granularity by drilling and I need both visuals to change together.Besides, it still doesn't show the length per promotion.

Thanks in advance for any idea you might have!

Promos with markers.PNGDesired Result.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @pdacheva 

Based on my research, for your requirement, I'm afraid it couldn't achieve in Power BI for now.

If you could try to use two visuals but when changing the Axis granularity by drilling, do it two times.

Best Regards,
Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @pdacheva 

Based on my research, for your requirement, I'm afraid it couldn't achieve in Power BI for now.

If you could try to use two visuals but when changing the Axis granularity by drilling, do it two times.

Best Regards,
Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lin,

Thanks a lot for your prompt feedback! Yes, I asumed this is the case, but I had to do one last try :). I meant to do it in R, but the performance was really bad, therefore I was looking for alternatives.

Thanks again!

Best,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.