Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you ever need smaller Text in a Power BI Text Box?

The default smallest size in the Power BI text editor is 8

I had a need to get smaller text and tried some things out.

I learned that if you Open Microsoft Word and write something in smaller size, you can paste it in the Text Box and the formatting from Word maintains.

Word is also great for pasting in Mathematical Symbols (≤ , ≥ , ± ) into text boxes.
https://powerbininjas.com/small-text-in-power-bi-text-boxes/

3 REPLIES 3
Karlis
Frequent Visitor

I was just wondering about the same thing because I needed more space on the report. Then I figured that you can also customize the size of the canvas in the "Format" -> "Page Size" settings. So it is basically an indirect way to change the font size if the purpose is to get more room on a single page.

If you actually just need a smaller font size, there does not seem to be any solutions yet. 

V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

The minimum text size in Power BI is currently 8pt.

There's an idea here to allow smaller fonts, you can vote up  and leave a comment.

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

themistoklis
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous 

I have never tried it, but i suppose you can customise the existing theme and change the default font size

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-report-themes

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.