Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ubo
Frequent Visitor

Do not summarise chart value

New user here. I am trying to display line chart from numeric data.

The chart is formatted as follows:

x-axis: date information with column formatted as "Date"

y-axis: numeric data with column formatted as "Decimal Number"

The date info has been set to "Axis" in the line chart configurator and the numeric data as a single data set to "Values" however data in "Values" is only available in summarised form (i.e. "Sum", "Average" etc, etc). I want to be able to view mutiple numeric data values with the same date value on the chart and not aggregated data for a specific date.

In the data model screen I have set the data to "do not summarise" but this has not helped.

Any help much appreciated, Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I'm not aware of a way to do that. If you want them on separate rows/columns, you will have to make the axis values unique.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I'm not aware of a way to do that. If you want them on separate rows/columns, you will have to make the axis values unique.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Thanks, much appreciated. 

I'll set up a serial number field that concatenates in the the date "X-YY-MM-DD" to create a unique value for the x-axis and still give some readable chronology to the data.

ubo
Frequent Visitor

Created a unique ID field called "Date Time" (record creation date and record creation time, concatenated together), dropped this into "Creation Date" to create a hierarchy which includes my new field "Date Time". This allows me to create a quasi-scatter plot in the line graph where data points are stacked by "Creation Date" if I use the "Creation Date" hierarchy in the "Axis" chooser in the chart tool which is actually a pretty useful way to look at the data. 

I'm also searching the same thing. I wanted to show value instead of aggregate in line chart. I've tried "not summarize" in modelling, bu it does not work. Can you please elaborate more how you actually solve it ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.