Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

altchung
Frequent Visitor

Do not show first name in the alphabet on card until a location on a map is selected

have a card visual where the name of a location on the map shows on the card when a user selects a location. By default the FIRST Name (alpha) shows up when nothing is selected.

I prefer to show something another text when no location on the map is selected.  Can someone please help.

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @altchung ,

According to your needs, the SELECTEDVALUE function may be a good choice. When a location is selected on the map, it will be displayed on the card. No group displays the value of custom text.

Measure = SELECTEDVALUE(Orders[Product Name],"Not selected")

v-henryk-mstf_0-1620117059997.pngv-henryk-mstf_1-1620117073407.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @altchung ,

According to your needs, the SELECTEDVALUE function may be a good choice. When a location is selected on the map, it will be displayed on the card. No group displays the value of custom text.

Measure = SELECTEDVALUE(Orders[Product Name],"Not selected")

v-henryk-mstf_0-1620117059997.pngv-henryk-mstf_1-1620117073407.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

daxer-almighty
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @altchung 

Your measure (you've created a measure for the card, right?) should check if anything is selected on the map (for instance, through the ISFILTERED function on a suitably chosen piece of data) and if there is, it should return what you want it to.

Thank you.  Yes, I understand what I need to do, which is use the ISFILTERED function, but unsure what piece of data I pass through it for a map.  When I tried to use the "Store Name" variable, so ISFILTERED (store name), this only works when someone selects a store name from a list, but not when they select the store on the map.  The only variables available on the map that is related to the store, is the latitude and longitude, but unsure how to write a formulat relating ISFILTERED for latitude and longitude. 

OwenAuger
Super User
Super User

Hi @altchung 

You can write a measure for the card, something like this:

Selected Name = 
SELECTEDVALUE ( YourTable[Name (alpha)], "Text to display if nothing/multiple selected" )

If there is exactly one value visible in the column specified in the 1st argument of SELECTEDVALUE, then that value is returned, otherwise the 2nd argument is returned. If the 2nd argument is omitted, a blank value is returned instead.

Regards,

Owen

Owen Auger
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Blog
Twitter
LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.