Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ashaikh
Helper III
Helper III

Do not show data with no value for a measure

Hello,

I have measure which I have created to do average of time. I am displaying this value in a matrix. This is how the matrix looks -Annotation 2019-03-26 123629.png

Now here when I add the measure measureAverageHandle, I get the agents which have no values as well. I want to show just those agents which have that value.

Here if I remove the measure I just get Agents which has value. I have tried adding visual filter is not blank but that does not work.

measureAverageHandle is a Text type and cannot be converted to time format. 

AgentEnterpriseName belongs to TableA and measureAverageHandle is based on TableB. Both these table have relationship via AgentId

6 REPLIES 6
ashaikh
Helper III
Helper III

measureAverageHandle is calculated as below - 

measureAverageHandled = FORMAT((SUM(TableB[calculatedTalkTime])/SUM(TableB[CallsHandled]))/86400, "hh:mm:ss")

Hi @ashaikh 

It seems the hours are more than 24,it could not be changed to time format.Please refer to this post to get the time data type.Sample data and expected output will be helpful to provide an accurate solution.

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-cherch-msft I dont want to get into Time datatype. What I am looking to do is get rid of agent name which have blank value.

tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

Try:

measureAverageHandled = 
IF(SUM(TableB[calculatedTalkTime] > 0 ;
FORMAT((SUM(TableB[calculatedTalkTime])/SUM(TableB[CallsHandled]))/86400, "hh:mm:ss");
BLANK())

Also make sure that you have show items with no data turned off:
image.png

Connect on LinkedIn

@tex628 Are you creating here a calculated column or a measure?

Also what I exactly need is filter the agent is there a way I can do that in the filter. Instead of this filter you are showing.

tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

Measure, 

If you just want to filter away agents with no data, put a filter in visual filters:

image.png

A "Is not blank" filter should remove the blank rows for the visual

Connect on LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.