Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Jackofall
Resolver I
Resolver I

Do Switch Account now and then if you have publish problems

I had the strangest behaviour when trying to publish from Desktop to on-line. The problems dissapeared when I at last logged out and in to Power BI Desktop. Before that I uninstalled, installed, wiped all my Datasets to no awail.

I think my problems are connected to that I had 30 days free Pro and did not log out after the period was out. I am always logged on in PBI Desktop.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

What stumped me is that there was no error message. Took me 16h to figure it all out. Log out / in was tha last thing i did.

I always used 'My Workspace'. The beahaviour is the same for a new report and an existing report. When publishing to service (uploading from desktop) everything looks normal and you get the message "Success!".

If there is an exesting dataset you get the question if you want to overwrite. Since I usually fiddled around with existing reports the first clue was that nothing have been uploaded. This is only how it looked. Further examination showed that the data in the dataset have been uploaded. Only the graphical changes never came though.

When I tried a new new report even the dataset did not show up but I got the option from the desktop to run insights which started but never finished. The only way to get things to Service was to load my pbixfiles from service browsing my computer. Then everything showed up.

As soon as I changed account (to the very same account) in desktop the problems dissapeared. Updating my reports work as per usual.

• Things that did not make any difference for me were;
  • Uninstall Desktop then install again
  • Remove everything from My Workspace
  • Upgrading my account to Pro (still only My Workspace showed when publishing)
  • Changing browsers

As soon as I logged out / in, the problem dissapeared AND I got the possibility to chose my Teams areas as destination.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jackofall,

What is the issue or the error message? Did you try to publish the report to My workspace or the app workspace?  As the online document, Only pro users can use app workspaces. I guess the issue should be related to that.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

What stumped me is that there was no error message. Took me 16h to figure it all out. Log out / in was tha last thing i did.

I always used 'My Workspace'. The beahaviour is the same for a new report and an existing report. When publishing to service (uploading from desktop) everything looks normal and you get the message "Success!".

If there is an exesting dataset you get the question if you want to overwrite. Since I usually fiddled around with existing reports the first clue was that nothing have been uploaded. This is only how it looked. Further examination showed that the data in the dataset have been uploaded. Only the graphical changes never came though.

When I tried a new new report even the dataset did not show up but I got the option from the desktop to run insights which started but never finished. The only way to get things to Service was to load my pbixfiles from service browsing my computer. Then everything showed up.

As soon as I changed account (to the very same account) in desktop the problems dissapeared. Updating my reports work as per usual.

• Things that did not make any difference for me were;
  • Uninstall Desktop then install again
  • Remove everything from My Workspace
  • Upgrading my account to Pro (still only My Workspace showed when publishing)
  • Changing browsers

As soon as I logged out / in, the problem dissapeared AND I got the possibility to chose my Teams areas as destination.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.