Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

kalhelo

Do I need to build new measure/add related table systemusers to get current user?

Hi Community,

May you guide me how to get the value of the current user while developing Power BI desktop report. For examole to get the current user for open opportunities, won quotes, ..etc 

Do I need to build new measure/add related table systemusers to get current user?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@kalhelo ,

In your senario, you can build a UPN table and configure dynamic row-level security in your report. For more details, I would suggest you refer to the third-party blog below:

https://www.fourmoo.com/2018/02/20/dynamic-row-level-security-is-easy-with-active-directory-security...

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@amitchandak 

So, for Entities likes Quotes, opportunities, orders ..etc; the ownerid is the current user. I want to let the user see the data he owns. For example I might have Matt, Bob, David as salesperson. I want to let everyone of them see his data only once everyone is opening his report.

Thank you

@kalhelo ,

In your senario, you can build a UPN table and configure dynamic row-level security in your report. For more details, I would suggest you refer to the third-party blog below:

https://www.fourmoo.com/2018/02/20/dynamic-row-level-security-is-easy-with-active-directory-security...

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.