Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Division on power bi report

Hi all,

First of all thank you in advance for anyone who reply with a correct answer.

I have tried to ask this questions on several forums and i just could not find a solution so i have prepared a sample file in excel that describes what i am looking for.

On  the real power bi file i have a matrix report in which containing a column and sub column (as matrix usually display). The main column(the divisor) only contains a single value and the rest is empty and the sub column(the dividend) contains values in each row. what i want is divide values in each sub column by the single value in the main column. with the formula DIVIDE:([sub column],[main column]) brings an over all division and make the column empty. 

i dont know if i explained what i am looking for (which i always find it hard) but i think the picture will explain better than my words.

Thanks,

EDsample question with excel filesample question with excel filethe real PBI filethe real PBI file

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Maybe you need a measure similar to below:

Percentage =
SUM ( Table[value] )
    / CALCULATE ( SUM ( Table[Value] ), ALL ( Table[Subcolumn] ) )

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-yulgu-msft,

Thanks for your response. 

I could do that but unfortunately both of them are measures not columns and as you know aggregation won't work when the parameters are both measures.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.