cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JennyJun9999 Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Division of a Filtered Field

I want to be able to divide Field A(filtered by Date) by Field A(filtered by Code).

Field A filtered by date gives me 319 records, Field A futher filtered by Code, gives me 282 records of the original 319. 

I need to work out the percentage e.g. 282/319 = 88%

How do I do this? I have tried measure, quick measure and column and are receiving a result of 1 or 100% - it is assuming the Field result is the same even though I have created two separate measures for the difference in filtering. 

Help please.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Division of a Filtered Field

hi, @JennyJun9999 

You just need to use "all" function to create two measure, then use divide function to get your expected output.

Of course, it depends on the row context of the current visual.

If you still have the problem, please share some sample data and your expected output.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Division of a Filtered Field

hi, @JennyJun9999 

You just need to use "all" function to create two measure, then use divide function to get your expected output.

Of course, it depends on the row context of the current visual.

If you still have the problem, please share some sample data and your expected output.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Power BI Helps Homeless and Trouble Youth

Power BI Helps Homeless and Trouble Youth

We spoke with Power BI Super User, Greg Deckler, about his charity work

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 129 members 1,716 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: