Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dividing two measures from different tables always return "1"

Hello,

I'm want to have percentage calculated from 2 tables (WNRC, EATR). I'm dividing two measures and result is always 1. When I create measures separately they return 2 correct, different values. I have set up many to many relation between these two tables.

WNRC Scrap % = DIVIDE(CALCULATE(COUNTA(WNRC[OSS_INVOICE_BAKEDATE_BILL_REASON_ID])|FILTER(WNRC|WNRC[OSS_INVOICE_BAKEDATE_BILL_REASON_ID]="NRC-SCRAP"))|SUM(EATR[TTL_QTY]))

Can somebody please advice whant could be issue?
3 REPLIES 3
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous,

Could you share some more details about the table structure, relationship and what does the second measure look like?

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-yuta-msft,

Measure I mentioned is already final measure comprised of two original ones. First measure is

SCRAP QTTY=CALCULATE(COUNTA(WNRC[OSS_INVOICE_BAKEDATE_BILL_REASON_ID])|FILTER(WNRC)|WNRC                                                            [OSS_INVOICE_BAKEDATE_BILL_REASON_ID]="NRC-SCRAP"))

and second one is

EATR QTTY=SUM(EATR[TTL_QTY])

Tables WNRC and EATR are linked through EATR number, each line in both tables have this information, eatr number can be same for several lines.

I need to calculate percentage of cases from table WNRC where column [OSS_INVOICE_BAKEDATE_BILL_REASON_ID]="NRC-SCRAP" from total EATR qtty (from table EATR). 

for table WNRC 1 line = 1 quantity

for table EATR 1 line = quantity in column [TTL_QTY]

@Anonymous,

Suppose Table 'EATR' is a dimensional table, to reference 'EATR' table in fact table, you may modify your first measure like pattern below:

SCRAP QTTY =
CALCULATE (
    COUNTA ( WNRC[OSS_INVOICE_BAKEDATE_BILL_REASON_ID] ),
    FILTER (
        WNRC,
        RELATED ( EATR[number] )
            && WNRC[OSS_INVOICE_BAKEDATE_BILL_REASON_ID] = "NRC-SCRAP"
    )
)

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.