Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dividing count of related table values with normal table

Hi All, 

1.PNG

Fig1.         

2.PNG                                                                           

Fig2.

I am having trouble dividing related tables values as shown in Fig1 with a completery different table values  as shown in Fig2. It would be helpful if you could please provide some solutions. Also, can you divide coumns without having measures. 

Looking forward to hearing from you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Alright that clarifies a bit more but an overview of your datamodel would have been best. It sounds like you are looking for a measure like this:

Measure =
VAR sumTable1 = CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Count of WO]), FILTER(Table1, Table1[column1] = <filtervalue>))
VAR sumTable2 = CALCULATE(SUM(Table2[Count of WO]), FILTER(Table2, Table2[column2] = <filtervalue>))
RETURN
DIVIDE(sumTable1, sumTable2)

WIthout knowing the structure of your data, nor your table names, nor your column names (or current measures), this is as specific I can be. Basically, in VAR sumTable1, I am trying to reproduce the '2' in your figures, and by VAR sumTable2 I am trying to reproduce the '8' in your figures. Then I return the DIVIDE() statement, dividing the two. 

Let me know if this helps!

Kind regards

Djerro123

-------------------------------

If this answered your question, please mark it as the Solution. This also helps others to find what they are looking for.

Keep those thumbs up coming! 🙂

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JarroVGIT
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous ,

I am having a very hard time trying to understand what you are trying to achieve. It seems to me these are two tables with columns in different order but with the same data (although one is a subset of the other). What value are you trying to achieve? 

Perhaps have a look at this post, that might help in explaining your desired outcome better:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/bc-p/885093

Looking forward to hearing some more about your problem,

Kind regards

Djerro123

If this answered your question, please mark it as the Solution. This also helps others to find what they are looking for.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @JarroVGIT ,

Thank you for your response. What I am trying to do is dividing count 2 with count 8 as shown in tables. The problem is that count 2 table contains values that are related to another table. So basically, it's a match of two tables. 

The count 8 table is from another table. 

The data looks the same but it's kind of different has been pulled from different sources.

Thank you! 

Alright that clarifies a bit more but an overview of your datamodel would have been best. It sounds like you are looking for a measure like this:

Measure =
VAR sumTable1 = CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Count of WO]), FILTER(Table1, Table1[column1] = <filtervalue>))
VAR sumTable2 = CALCULATE(SUM(Table2[Count of WO]), FILTER(Table2, Table2[column2] = <filtervalue>))
RETURN
DIVIDE(sumTable1, sumTable2)

WIthout knowing the structure of your data, nor your table names, nor your column names (or current measures), this is as specific I can be. Basically, in VAR sumTable1, I am trying to reproduce the '2' in your figures, and by VAR sumTable2 I am trying to reproduce the '8' in your figures. Then I return the DIVIDE() statement, dividing the two. 

Let me know if this helps!

Kind regards

Djerro123

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JarroVGIT  Thank you for your help. Probabaly I am not doing something right. Thank you for your time.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.