Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Spattrell

Dividing Measure Calculation by Column from another table

Hi,

I am trying to use a measure to find "cost of a win" per team in a given season in a baseball data set. The first table is a table on player salary(called Salaries) that gives the Name(of player), YearID, TeamID, and Salary for the given player. The second table is the Team_Statistics table that gives the stats of a team for a year and contains the Wins statistic. These two tables are linked by a created columns called "YearID_TeamID". The relationship is one to many(Team_Statistic->Salaries) as each team per year has multiple player with salaries given.

Tables:

Salrariestable.PNGteamstatstable.PNG

relationshipsstats.PNG

Currently I have the measure: Salary_Year = CALCULATE(SUM(Salaries[Salary]), GROUPBY(Salaries,Salaries[YearID_TeamID]))

I have attempted to divide this measure by Team_Statistics[Wins] but I recieve the error message "a single value for "Wins" cannot be determined'

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I couldn't get this to work as it kept giving me the error message "a single value for "Wins" cannot be determined". Ultimately I just ended up creating a new column with the formula CostperWin = DIVIDE(Team_Statistics[SalaryperTeam],Team_Statistics[wins]) in the the Team Statistics table which has stats for every team for every year from 2004-2014.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Spattrell,

Could you please tell me if you get the solution?

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I couldn't get this to work as it kept giving me the error message "a single value for "Wins" cannot be determined". Ultimately I just ended up creating a new column with the formula CostperWin = DIVIDE(Team_Statistics[SalaryperTeam],Team_Statistics[wins]) in the the Team Statistics table which has stats for every team for every year from 2004-2014.

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Spattrell,

Since the [Wins] in the one side, you can try it like below for most of the scenarios.

Measure = [Salary_Year] / sum(Team_Statistics[Wins])

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.