Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Snapper

Divided Running total without names

Hello. I am new to power BI.
I am trying to include a Line in my line Chart that adds up the total of all Workers and Divides them by Worker number so that I can see how much each worker should have done and who did less than that.
I have a measure that divides the running total per month between 4 but when I try to plot it in my original chart with the workers names it gets split up.
Is there a way how do it?

Here is an image of my line charts. Basically i would like to integrate the bottom one in the top chart.
Thank you.

Captura.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-eachen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Snapper ,

You could remove the legend fields. Then create measures for each Name and create a average measure.

Put these measures in "Values".

5-1.PNG

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-eachen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Snapper ,

You could remove the legend fields. Then create measures for each Name and create a average measure.

Put these measures in "Values".

5-1.PNG

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Thats the look that I want. Unfortunatly that would mean I have to sacrifice the chart bein dynamic as I would have to add a new worker each time, right?
I think I will still go this way as it represents the data the best and I am in a lucky position at the moment where I dont exactly need it to be dynamic. But nontheless it would be nice.
Thank you.

Hi @Snapper ,

Yes, every time you add a name, you need an extra measure. 

Currently you could also use constant line to get average value but it is always static. You could vote for the following ideas about dynamic constant line ot improve Power BI.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/33490639-constant-trend-line-as-a...

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/20015260-dynamic-constant-line-fo...

Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Share some data and show the expected result in a simple Table.  Once the Table is ready, you should be able to create line chart.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

I think your best bet would be a line and clustered column chart.  That would let you split the people out in the bars and keep the average running total as the line.  You can plan with the formatting too to get close to what you want maybe.  Also, you can divide by the DISTINCTOUNT() of the Name column instead of hard coding it with 4.   That way if you slice it by Name, you will get the right dynamic number.

If this works for you, please mark it as the solution.  Kudos are appreciated too.  Please let me know if not.

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Hi. Thank you for the answer. I will get to try it once I have the time.
As for the DISTINCTCOUNT() it didnt work as in my measure it looked up the distinctcount for each month only and not total. So at some months where just 3 workers went it got divided by 3 instead of 4.
But I will look into making it dynamic.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.