Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

swaggerboy69
Helper IV
Helper IV

Divide values in a line chart

Hello,

I have 2 tables and I would want to divide the values per month.

Take note that these values are found in the same table but different metrics type.

1st table has the Metric type Deployment and the 2nd one has P1 & P2.

I wanted to create another Line Chart that would divide September Deployment to September P1 & P2 and will show up in another chart as the result in a September point. Same with October and November.

Capture.JPG

6 REPLIES 6
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@swaggerboy69 my email is in my signature but you can share it with public access, until something you don't want to share publically then feel free to send it by email. Your call.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@swaggerboy69 share sample data or if possible, share pbix file (remove sensitive info before sharing) and share it using one drive/google drive, provide the expected output and I will get back to you. Maybe it will be easier to provide a solution. Cheers!!

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Hello, I can share the file via google drive. What's your email?

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@swaggerboy69 , They need to joined with coomon date table then you can do like

divide([Deployment], [P1 & P2])

To get the best of the time intelligence function. Make sure you have a date calendar and it has been marked as the date in model view. Also, join it with the date column of your fact/s. Refer :radacad sqlbi My Video Series Appreciate your Kudos.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@swaggerboy69 you should add a date dimension in your mode which you set a relationship with these two tables on the date column, it will be one to many relationships and then on visuals use date from this new dimension.

For this new calculation, add a new measure based on your logic

New Metric = DIVIDE ( [Metric from Table a], [Metric from table b] )

or 

New Metric = DIVIDE ( SUM ( TableA[ColumnA] ), SUM ( TableB[Column1] ) + SUM ( TableB[Column2] )

To add a simple date dimension, check this post

Check my latest blog post Year-2020, Pandemic, Power BI and Beyond to get a summary of my favourite Power BI feature releases in 2020

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Hello, I appreciate your response but the numbers are found in the same table and column. Just different metric type which is filtered in the filter pane. Do you have any other ideas?

Or if your idea worked, can you explain step-by-step?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.