Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

david_MAS
Frequent Visitor

Divide Formula Question

Hi All,

In short, I have 3 datasets:

The first 2 contain the following 3 columns: Organisation Name, Attribute (Dates - Apr-18, May-18 etc.), and Values.

Only difference between 1 and 2 is that one contains actual volumes, and the other contains projections for the same period.

The 3rd dataset contains just one column: Dates. This is linked to the same columns in 1 and 2. 

What I want to be able to do is divide 1 by 2, and summarise in a table so I can see the % performance for each month - effectively a month-by month smmary of performance for each individual month.

A standard divide DAX formula isn't working in this case, so grateful for any suggestions.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi lin,

Thanks for the reply.

I've actually managed to solve the issue, the formula used below was all correct. The issue was in my table using the incorrect Summary field in the Rows. This same field was being used as part of a set of relationshsips, and I just swapped the field used in the table for the one at the head of the relationship.

Thanks

% Forecast Met by Participant = 
DIVIDE([Volume YTD], [Cumulative Forecast])

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI, @david_MAS

Could you please share some sample data and show the expected result.

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi lin,

Thanks for the reply.

I've actually managed to solve the issue, the formula used below was all correct. The issue was in my table using the incorrect Summary field in the Rows. This same field was being used as part of a set of relationshsips, and I just swapped the field used in the table for the one at the head of the relationship.

Thanks

% Forecast Met by Participant = 
DIVIDE([Volume YTD], [Cumulative Forecast])

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.