Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DaleBrunner
Frequent Visitor

Divide Activities with margin

Hi all,

I need to devide the current activities from one team with the current margin from the accounts.

For example:

Team "Romandie" have  3.3K activities and accounts with current margin (DB) 853'200.

So 853'200 % 3'300 = x

grafik.png

I've already tried with:

Count activities = DIVIDE(CALCULATE(SUM(Activities[subject])
;Users[teammembership_association.name]="Romandie")
;SUM(accounts[new_currentyearrdb]))

But it shows me the error:
grafik.png
Thanks forward
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@DaleBrunner , if want to use sum, you need have number, You can use count, distinctcount , min /max on the text. Now if it is number and marked as text, change the data type. or create a new number column using it

SNO  = [Serial No]*1

If that has only number this will work

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@DaleBrunner , Activities[count activities], is some how is text and a sum operation has been used, can you check that measure andd column and changes its data type. make sure you have not added + "" in measure or some formatting

Thanks @amitchandak for your reply.

Which brings me to my next problem. Subject is not a number, it is only displayed as a number in the table "Count of Subject by team (...)".

I suppose I cannot use the displayed number?

@DaleBrunner , if want to use sum, you need have number, You can use count, distinctcount , min /max on the text. Now if it is number and marked as text, change the data type. or create a new number column using it

SNO  = [Serial No]*1

If that has only number this will work

@amitche3 is right - from what I see it looks like you might want to change the SUM to a COUNT 

Bizualisation
Resolver I
Resolver I

The error message is telling you that you are trying to perform a mathematical function on a string (or text) value. You probably want to double check the "subject" and "new_currentyearddb" are values and then it should work

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.