Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

legrand
Helper I
Helper I

Distinct count measure with filter

Hi,

I have a table with sales orderlines:

I have a related table via an item table with the manufacturer of each item (the item no is stored in the column "No")

I want to create a measure which counts the distinct values of the column "Document_No" (which stores the order number which has 1..n sales orderlines) if the following two criterias are met:

• A "Document_No" has 5 sales orderlines of a specific Manufacturer (let's call the manufacturer "super duper")
  • A sales orderline of the manufacturer "super duper" has the "Line_Amount" = 0

If possible without creating another table which groups the sales orderlines by "Document_No".

Many thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
srinivt
Employee
Employee

CALCULATE(CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(Sales[Document_No]), FILTER(ALL(Sales[Document_No]), CALCULATE(COUNT(Sales[Line_No])) = 5), Sales[Line_Amount] = 0), Sales[Manufacturer] = "Super Duper")

OR

CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(FILTER(VALUES(Sales[Document_No]), CALCULATE(COUNT(Sales[Line_No])) = 5)), Sales[Line_Amount] = 0), Sales[Manufacturer] = "Super Duper")

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
srinivt
Employee
Employee

CALCULATE(CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(Sales[Document_No]), FILTER(ALL(Sales[Document_No]), CALCULATE(COUNT(Sales[Line_No])) = 5), Sales[Line_Amount] = 0), Sales[Manufacturer] = "Super Duper")

OR

CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(FILTER(VALUES(Sales[Document_No]), CALCULATE(COUNT(Sales[Line_No])) = 5)), Sales[Line_Amount] = 0), Sales[Manufacturer] = "Super Duper")

Hi srinivt,
thanks you for your reply. Without having the chance to test your solution at the moment it looks like all 5 rows from „super duper“ have to be line_amount = 0 to be counted by your formulas, am I right? The formula also has to work if just one of those 5 rows has the line_amount = 0.

The use case is an analysis of a promotion. The customer gets 5 items of the same manufacturer of which 4 are being invoiced and the 5th is free. I want to see, how often this constellation has been used. Maybe this helps explaining what I’m trying to achieve. Thanks so far!

Yes the second option would have the issue not the first. The second option then would have to be tweaked slightly to account for that something like: 

CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(FILTER(VALUES(Sales[Document_No]), CALCULATE(COUNT(Sales[Line_No]), ALLEXCEPT(Sales, Sales[Document_No])) = 5)), Sales[Line_Amount] = 0), Sales[Manufacturer] = "Super Duper")

The measure works as expected but I didn't realize there could be more than one combination in one Document_No.

Example:

Article A, B, C, D, E all belong to Brand "Super Duper". In the same Document_No those Articles A, B, C, D have Line_Amount > 0, E has Line_Amount = 0. All articles have Quantity = 10. The formula shows Result = 1 but should show 10.

I think the easiest way to fix this would be to sum the Quantity of the article with Line_Amount=0 in Document_No which have 5 articles of "Super Duper" and one of these articles has Line_Amount=0.

If there are other articles than of Brand "Super Duper" with Line_Amount = 0 they must not be counted.

Is there a solution for this?

Hi srinivt,

I tried your first solution, works like a charm! Thanks alot!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.