cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MP-iCONN
Helper III
Helper III

Distinct Count with no blank values using power query

I am grouping columns in Power Bi via Power Query and I am trying to get a distinct count of my Work Orders.  The one issue I am having is I do not want to count the NULL/Blank values.

Here is my Power Query statement:

= Table.Group(#"Removed Columns1", {"Item ID", "Item Name", "Bin Qty", "On Hand Qty", "EOQ", "Order Point Qty", "CUS_CorpName", "3BIN", "5BIN", "8BIN", "Bins - Stock", "Customer Name", "Backlog", "WKO Status Code", "3BIN%", "5BIN%", "8BIN%", "Blanket Qty"}, {{"SUM WKO QTY To Complete", each List.Sum([WKO QTY To Complete]), type number}, {"WOs", each Table.RowCount(Table.Distinct(_)), Int64.Type}})

So for the nulls it is showing as 1 after grouping when it should show 0.

Thank you for any help you can give.

Chad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

In this report I still need to show the nulls.

I was able to solve this with this statement:

= Table.Group(#"Removed Columns1", {"Item ID", "Item Name", "Bin Qty", "On Hand Qty", "EOQ", "Order Point Qty", "CUS_CorpName", "3BIN", "5BIN", "8BIN", "Bins - Stock", "Customer Name", "Backlog", "WKO Status Code", "3BIN%", "5BIN%", "8BIN%", "Blanket Qty"}, {{"SUM WKO QTY To Complete", each List.Sum([WKO QTY To Complete]), type number}, {"WOs", each Table.RowCount(Table.SelectRows(_,(x)=>x[WKO Work Order ID]<>null)), Int64.Type}})

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@MP-iCONN , is it possible to filter the null values before group by ?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!! !!
Dashboard of My Blogs !! Connect on Linkedin
Want To Learn Power BI
Learn Power BI Beginners !! Advance Power BI Concepts !! Power BI For Tableau User !! Learn Power BI in Hindi !!
Proud to be a Super User!
!! Subscribe to my youtube Channel !!

In this report I still need to show the nulls.

I was able to solve this with this statement:

= Table.Group(#"Removed Columns1", {"Item ID", "Item Name", "Bin Qty", "On Hand Qty", "EOQ", "Order Point Qty", "CUS_CorpName", "3BIN", "5BIN", "8BIN", "Bins - Stock", "Customer Name", "Backlog", "WKO Status Code", "3BIN%", "5BIN%", "8BIN%", "Blanket Qty"}, {{"SUM WKO QTY To Complete", each List.Sum([WKO QTY To Complete]), type number}, {"WOs", each Table.RowCount(Table.SelectRows(_,(x)=>x[WKO Work Order ID]<>null)), Int64.Type}})

Helpful resources

Announcements
May 23 2022 epsiode 5 without aka link.jpg

The Power BI Community Show

Welcome to the Power BI Community Show! Jeroen ter Heerdt talks about the importance of Data Modeling.

charticulator_carousel_with_text (1).png

Charticulator Design Challenge

Put your data visualization and design skills to the test! This exciting challenge is happening now through June10th!

Power BI Dev Camp Session 22 without aka link and time 768x460.jpg

Check it Out!

Watch Session 22 Ted's Dev Camp along with past sessions!

Power BI Release May 2022 768x460.png

Check it out!

Click here to read more about the May 2022 updates!

Top Kudoed Authors