Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Distinct Count table working but not Card

I am trying to make a card visualization of the discintct count of materials that I have that have no sales (net billing is zero). I made sure to have no filters whatsoever on this page. The distict count of materials when viewed as a table gives me 3004 while a card visualization of the distinct count of materials gives me 3383. 

Is there any way I can get the card value to give the correct amount?

DistinctValues.png

4 REPLIES 4
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Please share some dummy data in source table and show us the formula of the measure which is displayed in card visual.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you happend to have an idea which ones if probably correct?

Also, in your measure was the filter set to " Net Billion =0"?  If so, could be a situation where there may be blanks which may or may not be affecting this situation.

Another thing to remember is the table in itself has a filter context.  Just throwing some ideas out there, but if you can provide some more info, I'm sure we can figure it out.  

richbenmintz
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous,

Are you able to share your .pbix file? It is hard to help with this problem without seeing the data and the measures. One thing to consider is that distinct counts are not always additive, so the value in a table with multiple rows may be different than the distinct count over the whole set like a card visual. 

I hope this helps,
Richard

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos Appreciated!

Proud to be a Super User!

Show us the measure created and put into card

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.