Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BettyG
Frequent Visitor

Distinct Count for Filtered Report

I'm very new at this, but I really want to be able to use this for Business Analysis.

I need to find the Distinct Count of Countries that have value (EV) in the Last Quarter of the Data File, but no value (EV) in the prior 4 Quarters of the same Data File. I can accomplish this on a Table Visualization using the following Calculated Measures and Report Filters:

EV Last Qtr = TOTALQTD( [SumEnteredValue], 'Calendar'[DateKey])

EV_Prior4Qtrs2 = CALCULATE([SumEnteredValue],DATEADD(Calendar[DateKey], -1, QUARTER))

Example1.pngExample2.png

How do I get my Card Visual to show Distinct Count of 2 instead of 62?  I can't apply filters to the Card and it won't let me do it at the Page Level either.  And, I've tried writing a calculated Measure, but no success.

example3.png

Thanks for your help! bettyG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@BettyG

You should be able to add those measures into Visual Level Filters for your Card.

I assume you have apply a filter/slicer on date. If so, you can try to create a calculated measure like:

Distinct Countries =
CALCULATE (
    DISTINCTCOUNT ( Table[Country] ),
    FILTER ( ALL ( Table[Country] ), [EV Last Qtr] > 0 && [EV_Prior4Qtrs2] <= 0 )
)

Regards,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@BettyG

You should be able to add those measures into Visual Level Filters for your Card.

I assume you have apply a filter/slicer on date. If so, you can try to create a calculated measure like:

Distinct Countries =
CALCULATE (
    DISTINCTCOUNT ( Table[Country] ),
    FILTER ( ALL ( Table[Country] ), [EV Last Qtr] > 0 && [EV_Prior4Qtrs2] <= 0 )
)

Regards,

That worked perfectly!  Thanks!

As for addint the Measures to the Visual Filters:  It does let me add the Metric to the Visual Filter, but it doesn't allow me to change the criteria from "All".  I can't get the Drop down to change from "is less than" to anything else and I can't type a number in the criteria box.

But, I'm happy with the Formula you sent.  Thanks, again.  BettyG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors