Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Distinct Count does not Match Total Displayed in Filter

Experts, Please help!

I have a measure that DISTINCTCOUNTS a column and displays it as a Total Per Country.

However, when I look at my visual filters, the count/total does not match.

Ex. Afghanistan should be 12 as per matrix visual, but filter is showing it as 5. Albania should be 3 not 1, etc.

How do I rectify this in the filters? The count is correct in the matrix visual.

TIA!

err.png

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi jenner2019,

The filter visual will obviously show the number of times a country is reapeated for example if America is repeated twice in filter visual you will see 2".

For Total quantity you can either use sum or just drag the field it will automatically segregate country wise

countvisual.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

I understand that. My issue is, I am doing a distinct count on ID from the FactTable, which is linked by CountryID to the DimTable.

In the FactTable, for example, there were 100 non-unique IDs under CountryID 4  - Australia. When I DISTINCTCOUNT IDs for Australia, it became  50. However in the filter visual, it is showing 6.

Anonymous
Not applicable

And yes, I did just drag the  Country field, but the filter visual is still displaying the count wrong =(

Anonymous
Not applicable

can you post the sample data which are using in the visual and also the measure 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, thanks. 

I just created a subset of the data. But still showing a mismatched matrix value vs filter visual. 

err2.pngerr1.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.