Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

alicia_pbi
Employee
Employee

Distinct Count Issue

I have 2 tables that have lists of contract numbers from the exact same source, manipulated in different ways but leaving the contract number in each table.  When I try to create a relationship, it works but for some reason about 400 of the 1400 contracts are not being represented.  I have trimmed my contract numbers and confirmed they are both in TEXT form.  When I go to the Query Editor I am able to filter by my test contrat number in the query that is NOT counting that contract number in my canvas.  I am also able to filter by this contract number in the dataset view of the PBI desktop.  

It must be something very silly but can anyone provide suggestions for why most of my contracts are being counted but some are being excluded from a query?  To clarify I have a visual representation also showing the table on the left representing both queries A & B.  The table on the right represents query B in which I can show the contract number but the table on the left is now counting this in the column "Title".

DistinctCount.PNG

20 REPLIES 20

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.