Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Magpie_Rob
Helper I
Helper I

Distance Bins based on long and lat

Hello

So I have 2 tables, on with customers and there Longitude and Latitude and anotherone with Stores with there longitude and latitude - I'm trying to create a table with a list of the stores and how many customers fall withing certain distance (in bins). (5miles, 10miles, 15 miles) etc. I have included an excel table of how I would expect it to look.

Distance Bins.png

I found a measure created by RADCAD which figures out the distance but I can't figure out how to make this work across mutilple stores and count it plus put it into bins. any help is greatly appricated. - I included a sample Pbix as well. 

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApUZenl1efyn03AHr5mVd-BZI1Tk?e=Wgos2m

Thanks 

Magpie

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Magpie_Rob is this what you are looking for:

parry2k_0-1613171309698.png

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

This was the main bit! it worked really well thank you! 

Store Distance Bins = 
ADDCOLUMNS (
    CROSSJOIN (
        VALUES ( Store_Location[Postcode] ),
        VALUES ( 'Customers Locations'[id] )
    ),
    "Miles", [Miles],
)

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Magpie_Rob I'm so so sorry about this. I totally messed up. Thanks for keep on following up. Filesize is bigger than the size I can attach here, let me know how else I can send it to you.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Hi @parry2k  no worries at all! everyone is busy! I have sent you a direct message with my email

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Magpie_Rob oh! I'm so sorry for not getting back to you. Thanks for the nudge. I will send you the pbix file as soon as I'm in front of the computer.

Stay tuned!

Hi @parry2k I hope you are well, at the risk of sounding really desperate could you please share the Pbix with me please ? 

Thank you! 

Hi @parry2k I hope you are well,

I fear you may have forgotten me again 🙈 at the risk of sounding desperate could you please share the Pbix with me please ? 

Thank you! 

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Magpie_Rob is this what you are looking for:

parry2k_0-1613171309698.png

This was the main bit! it worked really well thank you! 

Store Distance Bins = 
ADDCOLUMNS (
    CROSSJOIN (
        VALUES ( Store_Location[Postcode] ),
        VALUES ( 'Customers Locations'[id] )
    ),
    "Miles", [Miles],
)

@parry2k yeah thats exactly what I'm looking for! are you able to share the pbix or let me know how you achived it? 

Hi @parry2k just checking you haven't forgot about me! the soultion to this would be very much appricated! 

Thanks 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.