Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sieed
Helper II
Helper II

Displaying tooltip as a permanent data label

I have a line chart below. In this line chart, I would like to display time as a label on the two data points in the graph.

I could not find where to put the "Time" neasure so that it can appear as data label. So, I currenly added it in the tooltip. But that is cumbersome because I will have to hover over the data points to see the values of "Time" meausre. Where should I include the "Time" measure such that it appears as a data label? 

tooltip.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @sieed ,

Here is ToolTip Data Label Line Chart which will help you to see the value at all the Data Label. Hope this helps you.

Dual Axis Line Chart with Data label PBIVizEdit.comDual Axis Line Chart with Data label PBIVizEdit.comLine Chart with ToolTip for Data Label PBIVizEdit.comLine Chart with ToolTip for Data Label PBIVizEdit.com

Download link for the custom visual file in this page
https://pbivizedit.com/gallery/dual-axis-line-with-data-label

This was made with our Custom Visual creator tool PBIVizEdit.com. With this tool,

• anyone, irrespective of technical skills, can create their own visuals
  • 15 minutes to create a visual from scratch
  • opens up many additional attributes to edit (for e.g. labels, tooltips, legends position, etc)

Give this a shot and let us know if you face any problem/errors.

You can use the editor to modify your visual further (some modifications cannot be done in Power BI window and have to be in editor).

Thanks,
Team PBIVizEdit

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @sieed,

You can drag the Time measure to Values section of Line chart, then turn on Data Label of Line chart. Please check the following example.
1.PNG2.PNG

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft, Time is a calculated measure and therefore cannot drag it to the values section. 

Hi @sieed,

In my scenario, "Sum of loan of score group between dates" is also a measure, I can drag it to Values section.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.