Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Stampers
Frequent Visitor

Displaying the same results across two tables

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for some help on displaying data from one dataset across two tables.

I currently have a dataset that displays results in a table on my dashboard. The results can be anywhere from 1 to 50 rows worth of information. As this will be displayed on a TV in a production facility, I would like to show all potential values on one screen without the need to scroll (as the TV/PC will not have any input devices for the users) and my idea was to display the results across two visual tables.

The first table would show rows 1-25 of the results, and the second table would show rows 26-50. The image attached is how I would like the data to be shown (as you can see it displays the earliest "PickDate" value at the top of the first table as 02/08/18 and the earliest "PickDate" value at the top of the second table as 28/08/18, as the first table only shows up to the 27th at the bottom).

The values in the table will change as the source location is updated and lines are removed when they are no longer required, so in theory it needs to be a dynamic way of showing the data. For example, If there are only 30 rows available in the dataset I would like it to show 25 in the first table and then 5 in the second table.

I've been racking my brains but cannot seem to see how this would be possible.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

powerbitwotables.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petrovnikitamai
Resolver V
Resolver V

i'm not sure but try to use filter top N by column pickdate

for example

image.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
readhhub

I am seeing amazing exicited people who write such a detail answers by taking pain and investing valuable time to reply, whereas some are just opposite just inserting links for spamming, marvelous  Edu Birdie 

ronaldbierman

Thanks for sharing! I have a project for Edu Birdie where I need to have the same results in two tables.

v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Stampers,

As the way @petrovnikitamai shared, the top N function should  work well.

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi @Stampers,

Does that make sense? If so, kindly mark my answer as a solution to close the case.

Regards,
Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
petrovnikitamai
Resolver V
Resolver V

i'm not sure but try to use filter top N by column pickdate

for example

image.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.