Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kthakur
Helper I
Helper I

Displaying set of metrics on selection

Hi All,

I created metrics selection using the below link, where i have 4 metrics and report is changing after metrics selection. This is working fine for me.

I am trying to add further steps in this, where for each metrcis type have 6-7 metrics(like MAT, YTD etc). I want to display 7-8 metrics togeather in report whenever i select metrics1, same way if i select metrics2 then display another set of 7-8 metrics.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtDlC2rep7a-jkiRG_LyHcv0RSXI

Can you please help me how to achive this?

Thanks

Krishna

4 REPLIES 4
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @kthakur,

One workaround is to wrap each measure with a IF condition, and add each measure into visual. That is to say, if you have four measure type, each of them has 6 measures, then, you need to add 24 measures into visual.

Measure1_1 = IF(SELECTEDVALUE(Table1[MeasureType])="Measure1",SUM(Table2[Val]),BLANK())
Measure1_2 = IF(SELECTEDVALUE(Table1[MeasureType])="Measure1",COUNT(Table2[Val]),BLANK())
Measure2 = IF(SELECTEDVALUE(Table1[MeasureType])="Measure2",AVERAGE(Table2[Val]),BLANK())

Result in my test.

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi v-yulgu-msft,

Hi Yuliana Gu,

I am able to replicate the metrics selection as per your example. 

I have one small problem in that, your example show line chart where other metrics (unselected) are not visible but in my scenario I have table where it shows that measure2 as blank if measure1 is selected.

Can you please suggest how can i hide the mesaure if other metrics are selected?

Thanks

Krishna

Hi @kthakur,

Add multiple measures in a table visual, the values under each measure can be visible/invisible dynamically based on slicer selection. However, the column headers which are measure names here cannot be hided. Currently, it is not supported to hide column name or measure names conditionally.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.