Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

samanthamirae
Resolver I
Resolver I

Displaying run out on Power BI?

Hi everyone,

I am trying to display something very similar like this on Power BI but I'm not quite sure if it's possible. Does anyone have any suggestions on where I may be able to start? This chart shows when a certain part inventory is projected to run out.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @samanthamirae

You can use the conditional formatting.

Click on the Table/ Matrix visual -> Go to Visualizations- > Go to Format Tab -> Conditional Formatting, Check Background colur 'ON', Make sure you select the Inventory measure in the dropdown there. Click on the Advance Controls - > Select colour by rules, set the colour as needed there.

Thanks

Raj

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @samanthamirae

You can use the conditional formatting.

Click on the Table/ Matrix visual -> Go to Visualizations- > Go to Format Tab -> Conditional Formatting, Check Background colur 'ON', Make sure you select the Inventory measure in the dropdown there. Click on the Advance Controls - > Select colour by rules, set the colour as needed there.

Thanks

Raj

Thank you for helping! I am running into one more issue. As you can see in the screenshot, PBI is only letting me apply color to "Device + Board/Strategy" and not the actual numbers of each month. Also, if I want to add the conditional formatting to every cell like the Excel screenshot above, will I have to manually select conditional formatting for every column? Is there an easier way to do this?

Thank you. I am still new to Power BI.

Anonymous
Not applicable

As i mentioend earleir, you need to select the field in Format page before you go to advanced controls. I have highlighted below the place where you need to do this.

COnditional Formatting.PNG 

Thanks
Raj

Hey,

Sorry I figured that part out. The last thing I am wondering is if I am able to apply conditional formatting on all my month and quarter columns at once? Because as of now, I have to type and apply the conditional formatting for every column (month/Quarter) separately which is very inefficient now and in the future.

I appreciate the help!

screenshot 3.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am afraid that we dont have the option to do it in one shot for all columns.Conditional formatting is applicable to column level, so each column should be selected individually to format.

Thanks
Raj

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.