Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

love
Helper I
Helper I

Displaying progress as percentage for various datasets within one query

Hello.

I face the following challenge:

I would like to visualize progress in % per milestone. So, for example, I'd like to visualize 100% for Milestone1, 60% for MS2 and 20% for MS3.

I am new to the community and I am finding lots of help here which I very much appreciate. I hope to find a simple sollution for this.

Thank you,

-l

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jthomson
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Make some measures, one just being Measure1 = countrows(yourtablename), another being True = calculate([measure1], Completed? = "TRUE"), and a final one that's just PercentageDone = [True]/[Measure1]

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jthomson
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Make some measures, one just being Measure1 = countrows(yourtablename), another being True = calculate([measure1], Completed? = "TRUE"), and a final one that's just PercentageDone = [True]/[Measure1]

Thank you @jthomson. While the measures work I have trouble displaying them. For example if I want to put the output on a simple column chart i get this:

MdxScript(Model) (4, 43) Calculation error in measure 'query1'[True]: DAX comparison operations do not support comparing values of type True/False with values of type Text. Consider using the VALUE or FORMAT function to convert one of the values.

I dragged MilestoneName into the Axis section, PercentageDone into the Value section.

I might have got the syntax wrong and/or misread how your data is stored, perhaps try using Completed? = TRUE() instead

My query was reading the TRUE/FALSE as logical expression which I was not able to compare with the text (milestone column).

MilestoneName", type text}, {"Completed?", type logical}})

I changed this to type text after which everything worked fine:

MilestoneName", type text}, {"Completed?", type text}})

Thank you for your help @jthomson.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.