Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Displaying data in barchart with legend

Hello,

I have an issue when creating a graph.

I have data as follow :

Employee                 Status                       Date

Employee 1            Done                          5.5.2020

Employee 1            Not done                 5.5.2020

Employee 2            Out of office          5.5.2020

Employee 3            Not done                 5.5.2020

Employee 4            Done                          5.5.2020

I have information about employees that do tasks. Status refers to the status of the task.
I want to create a barchart with the number of employees as well as the status of the tasks they have. However, when I do, I have employees that have many taks that are shown many times. In the graph below, there should be 14 employees per day. The problem is that when an employee has a task Done and another Not done, both are shown. What I want is to show Employees only once and when they have at least one task Done then I want it to be shown as Done.

task.PNG

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 
Can you provide more information, e.g How did you create that chart, whats on x and y axis, and what are the 0,1,2 legends?

You can try set the field on the Y axis to Distinctcount on your chart, if there is the option.

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @V-pazhen-msft,

Thank you for your response 🙂

The chart is a stacked column chart. The Axis (x-axis) is the Date, the legend (colors) is the Status and the Value (y-axis) is the count of employees. The numbers of the legend are as follow: 0 for Out of work, 1 for Not done, 2 for Done. And the problem is that when I have an employee that has one task Done and another Not done at the same Date, this employee is counted/displayed twice. What I would like is to find a way to say if an employee has one task Done and another Not done at the same Date, I want to only show the Done. This means that if an employee has at least one task done then this employee is counted as "Done".

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , how you want to show employees and date together.

You can use clustered line chart with Axis as date employee as the legend and Done task as the bar and  Not Done as Line

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.