Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tylerbauer
Helper II
Helper II

Displaying conversion rate for funnel

Hello, 

I working on a project where I am building a funnel with traditional digital marketing metrics (impressions, engagements, and leads). To get these numbers, I am summarizing values from an excel file. There is a column named "funnel level" where impressions, engagements and leads are listed. 

I want to display the conversion rate from each step to the next. I am using the Power BI provided funnel visual. I am confused how to do this without creating another table (I have 3 slicers at the top based on the original data set). 

I would like guidance on possible solutions to this issue and how community members have approached this challenge in the past. 

Thanks!

Tyler

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@tylerbauer,

When you create a funnel chart in Power BI Desktop, it will show you percent of the previous step, there is an example for your reference.
1.PNG

In your scenario, just sort the "funnel level” column in the order you want, then you should be able to display the conversion rate from each step to the next.

If the above step doesn’t help, please share sample data of your table and post expected result here.

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuezhe-msft Thanks for your response. I believe the problem is that display is unclear for my project. Would it be possible to display conversion rate instead of "percent of first" and "percent of previous" in the tooltip? That sort of language seems to confuse business users. I am looking to create a conversion rate chart similar to the below image but using Microsoft Power BI tools:

Desired display of conversion rateDesired display of conversion rate

Why don't you divide the two measures to get conversion rates and put that into a funnel? You could also put them on the tooltips. 

Capture.PNG

Hi Beckham, thanks for your response. I am looking to build one graph with values in the funnel and the conversion rate percentage as a tooltip. However, when I put the conversion rate percentage as a tooltip, the "Percent of First" and "Percent of Previous" values are still displayed. This kind of language can be problematic for business users. I am looking to build a funnel with values in it and a tooltip or another method of display for the conversion rate as (value of funnel step/value of first). How would you go about implementing this design?

@tylerbauer,

We are not able to prevent "Percent of First" and "Percent of Previous" values from showing in funnel chart. In your scenario, you can create bar chart instead, then add conversion rate in tooltips of bar chart.

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.