Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mhgottsc
Helper I
Helper I

Displaying age of a unique opportunity for a company with multiple opportunities.

I will preaface this saying I am very new to power BI. 

Referencing the picture below ill call the company at the far left xyz. The age is how long the sales opertunity has been pursued. 

So lets say for xyz company I have 3 diffrent row entries for different services we are trying to sell, service A, B and C.  I want to display the age for service opertunity A, B, and C  for the same compony on a sepreat bars insead of all 3 diffrent opertunities ages being added up under the same metric. So for xyz company instead of one bar their should be 3 unique bars that show the ages for the unique opertunitys for the same company xyz. How would I do this? Thanks!

mhgottsc_0-1635969051597.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mhgottsc ,

According to your description, if the company and age fields are added directly to the X,Y axis, then each bar chart counts the sum of the three services for each company. Simply adding the Service field to Legend will group the statistics and show you the results you want. Refer to the following.

vhenrykmstf_2-1636443745726.png

vhenrykmstf_0-1636443714563.pngvhenrykmstf_1-1636443732941.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please point out the error and provide test data (remove sensitive) and I will answer for you as soon as possible.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mhgottsc ,

According to your description, if the company and age fields are added directly to the X,Y axis, then each bar chart counts the sum of the three services for each company. Simply adding the Service field to Legend will group the statistics and show you the results you want. Refer to the following.

vhenrykmstf_2-1636443745726.png

vhenrykmstf_0-1636443714563.pngvhenrykmstf_1-1636443732941.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please point out the error and provide test data (remove sensitive) and I will answer for you as soon as possible.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

HotChilli
Super User
Super User

I think if you put the service in the legend it should do it.

It might do it automatically when you add the service from the fields list.

Let me know how it goes

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.