Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Keith_leung
Frequent Visitor

Displaying URL Icon

I am trying to build a hyperlink within a table, as the URL is too long I decided to display the URL as URL Icon:

CaptureA.PNG

It successfully shows on Power BI desktop. However, when I publish it to report/ dashboard level, it doesnt show anything under the header:

CaptureB.PNG

And It works when I chose to display the whole url before and after I publish it...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Keith_leung,

Please update to the latest version of Power BI Desktop. Some problems in the previous version of Power BI Desktop are always fixed in the new version of Power BI Desktop.

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Keith_leung,

I am not able to reproduce your issue, URL icon works well in Power BI Desktop and Power BI Service, you can review the example in my environment. Do you use the latest version of Power BI Desktop(2.47.4766.801) to create the table visual?
1.PNG

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

My version is not up to date, but just tried again in Chrome browser, but not in IE.

I believe this is the bug for 2.45.4704.442 64-bit (April 2017) version? I may need extra time to update the Power BI due to internal company policy.

@Keith_leung,

Please update to the latest version of Power BI Desktop. Some problems in the previous version of Power BI Desktop are always fixed in the new version of Power BI Desktop.

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.