Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LearningGuy
Frequent Visitor

Displaying Historic Data in Ticketing System

Hi,
I'm trying to display a line graph of the number of "open" tickets at a given time.
So for example, yesterday we had 100 tickets open, today we have 137, however if I use the open status of the tickets it'll only display how many were opened yesterday rather than how many were in open status.

We do have an activity log however I cant figure out the logic for showing historical data without using snapshots.
I merged two queries of the activity log to display each ticket with their open time against their resolve time within the same row. 
Tried a couple of measures but just can't crack this one. 

LearningGuy_0-1655347911605.png

If you have any understanding of how to make a historical timeline please let me know.

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@LearningGuy , You can refer to my blog, Active employee is same as open ticket

refer

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/HR-Analytics-Active-Employee-Hire-and-Termination-tr...

or refer file without using an active join

@amitchandak Thanks for your response, this article is great!
I'm wondering if you have a solution for a third aspect being tickets that have been reopened? 
This is the next challenge that I'm facing.
Cheers!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.