Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Displaying Grand Total

In this table: 

1.PNG

I have the total for revenue which is great but how can I also get the total number of companies to display as well, without changing their "Co" column? Seems the only to way to do so is to change the field from' don't summarize' to 'count', but once you do that there's just a 1 for all the ID's but I do get the grand total at the bottom. I also realize I can add the field again and just click count for that but I don't want to display a 'Count of Co' column with all 1's and a 'Co' column to see what the actual ID is. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PaulDBrown
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous

You can either create a new column with empty values except for the totals or create a "custom"  total in one of the existing columns. See the screenshot below:

Custom totals.PNG

Or combine the techniques of course.

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Paul.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PaulDBrown
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous

You can either create a new column with empty values except for the totals or create a "custom"  total in one of the existing columns. See the screenshot below:

Custom totals.PNG

Or combine the techniques of course.

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Paul.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

So, you could create a measure to do the COUNT or DISTINCT of the companies, ad put it in it's own card visualization.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Greg_Deckler I see. I've done that already but just didn't know if there was a way to have it in the table.

I do not know of a way to do that in the way that you are describing. You could get fancy with the placement and formatting of your visuals to make it "look" that way. For example, if you set the background of your card visual to black, make it 0% transparent and bring it to the front then you could overlay it on top of the first column total row and cover up the "Total" and have it display the count in that cell. It would appear like it was in the table but it wouldn't be.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.