Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Titch79
Frequent Visitor

Displaying Data from Multiple Datasets in One Matrix

I'm trying to display data from two different datasets in one Matrix.  I understand that it's because there isn't a relationship present, but I don't seem to be able to create one successfully either.  When I did manually create a relationship, more data disappeared from the Matrix.

The data is pulled from Dynamics 365 (CRM).

I need to display the field 'Enquiry Source' from the Leads entity in a Matrix which contains Opportunity entity data.  Is this possible?

Any help gratefully received.

6 REPLIES 6
opticshrew
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi there,

First thing you need to do is ensure that there is an ID present within each table that can be used as the primary key. Ensure that one of the tables only contains a single value for each ID.

Once you've created the realationship you should be able to pull the data into your Matrix. The reason some data may be missing could be due to information not being present within the selected field. To ammend this right click the column you've selected within the visualizations pane and select Show items with no data.

This should fix your issue.

Thanks,

J

Hiya,

Thanks so much - I've got the relationship successfully created now and the Matrix doesn't show as broken anymore (I had only been selecting one field with unique values instead of both).

The one thing that's still puzzling me though is that, yes I have the columns showing correctly in the Matrix, but there are no values showing.  There are definitely values in these fields as they are business required fields. 

Any ideas??

Many Thanks

Hi there,

Do you have any slicers or filters that could be effecting this data?

If you load the field seperately do you have a list of those values?

Thanks,

J

I have a Page Filter on which is showing only Opportunities which have been created in the last 12 months.  But the data I'm needing to show is the Enquiry Source of the Lead which which was qualified to create the Opportunities created in this period.

The values do show in other pages which don't have this specific Filter on.

@Titch79,

Of course we can add data from different datasets in one matrix if the relationship is built between them. In your scenario, could you please provide us your dataset structure along with same sample data, if possible you can share your PBIX file, so that we can make further analysis.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

It might be worth creating a new table (Purely for testing) and add the column that the filter is based off. That way you'll be able to get a better understanding as to why that filter is causing the issue.

From here you should be able to find out how to get your values to show.

Thanks,

J

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.