Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Stivl
Regular Visitor

Displaying Data as frequency of occurrence, Getting data into the right place to make this happen.

Apologies in advance for the terminology, I hope I'm communicating as best I can about the issue I'm trying to solve. 

I'm collecting data on First Contact Resolution (among other things) for our company - the form we have asks to answer if First Contact Resolution was achieved. The responses are Yes, No - Out of Staff Control, No - Staff Controllable, No - System Outage.
Once you answer which of these is applicable (a response), they each drop down into a list of reasons. For this example those reasons show as Reason 1, Reason 2 etc. We will eventually have 20+ reasons for each metric.

We also have a measurement similar to this for Digital - have we educated the customer to self-serve online for next time. Digital has 6 responses, and then each response has a list of reasons.

The data this spits out then looks like this:

Data Table.JPG

I am trying to now put this into a graph to show me all of the reasons. All of my visualisations for the other data work fine, but I want to be able to filter the responses and then have it show me how many times the reasons for that have occurred. 

In my current data I have a filter that works that then shows a whole list of reasons, but I want to be able to see the frequency of occurence of those reasons. My current data looks like this (blacked out for privacy), with the responses filtered at the top, with the reasons listed below:

Comments List.JPG

But what I'm aiming for is something like this with a filter at the top to switch between the responses.

Final Table Look.JPG

So my question is two-fold because I can't seem to get my data into the right position to make this work.
1. What expressions should I be using to pull my data into a format that I can use to make these filters work, and 
2. Is there a function to show the number of times a certain response occurrs and show that in a nice list?

Any assistance and any further help on what I'm trying to achieve is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please provide sanitized sample data that fully covers your issue. I can only help you with meaningful sample data.
Please paste the data into a table in your post or use one of the file services like OneDrive or Google Drive. Screenshots of your source data are not useful.
Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided. Screenshots of the expected outcome are ok.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-Forum/ba-...
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447523

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors