Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

cg1980
Helper I
Helper I

Display zero for rows and Columns with no data in a matrix

Dears, we use  a 4 X 4 matrix to report number of incidents per 2 impact dimensions ( figure 1)

cg1980_0-1601638194312.png

the data set key data points are below,  this is easy to achieved using a matrix in Power BI,

Issue ID

Impact 1

Impact 2

Low

High

Low

High

Xx

cg1980_1-1601638205499.png

However there are times that the filtered dataset does not contain one of the expected Impact types, ( either column or Rows)  when that’s the case, our matrix , will display as in Figure 2  , where what we want to achieve is the Figure 3

Could you recommend any approach to sort this out ? Any alternative or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

cg1980_2-1601638222767.png

cg1980_3-1601638231858.png

5 REPLIES 5
themistoklis
Community Champion
Community Champion

@cg1980 

Maybe by clicking the option 'Show items with no data' will do the trick for you

items_no_date.jpg

Hi @themistoklis thanks for checking! , This wont work because the Impact category  is not part of the filterd dataset., power BI is using to create the matrix. Make sense? 

The reason they are not displayed is because they have NULL values (or Zero values)?

@themistoklis  Impact1and Impact 2 are columns , possible values for that columns  are Critical, High, medium, low, there are no NULL or Zeros.  My objective is to be able to fix  a 4x4 matrix as showed in my first screen and calculate the number of occurences, with the matrix you are limited to the values avaiable in the dataset. 

Hi @cg1980 

You might consider providing your dummy pbix that would be helpful for us to investigate it further. 

You can upload it to the onedrive for business and share the link here. please don't forget to disclose the expected results and remove the confidential info.

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.