Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Display values in 10 mins interval

11 REPLIES 11
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I'd like to suggest you add a calculate column to convert time value as specific range. Then you can create a time interval table and build relationship between above column and time interval table column.

Table sample:

Time interval =
SELECTCOLUMNS (
    GENERATESERIES ( TIME ( 0, 0, 0 ), TIME ( 23, 59, 59 ), TIME ( 0, 15, 0 ) ),
    "Start", [Value],
    "End", [Value] + TIME ( 0, 14, 59 ),
    "Index", (
        HOUR ( [Value] ) * 60
            + MINUTE ( [Value] )
    )
        / 15,
    "Rolling interval", [Value]
)

19.PNG

After these steps, you can use time interval column(rolling interval) and original table amount to create visual graph.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-shex-msft  Sorry for replying late it was a Christmas break
I didn't understand your solution and it is not me who accepted it as a solution 🙂
How can I create a calculated column to convert time value as a specific range? I have created a calculated column, time interval(time2) and made a relationship between rolling interval and time2 column, but it didn't solve my problem(it still shows me 6 body values in 10 mins) and when I try to use rolling interval on a shared axis the other columns from the original table doesn't display value on the visualization(For example, Airflow and body value)
Below is the time interval column I created

time2 = DATE(YEAR(CombinedTable[Date]),MONTH(CombinedTable[Date]),DAY(CombinedTable[Date]))+TIME(HOUR(CombinedTable[Date]),FLOOR(MINUTE(CombinedTable[Date]),10),0)

Capture.PNG

HI @Anonymous,

Can you please share a sample pbix file with some sample data for test?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-shex-msftdon't have the permission to upload .pbix files

HI @Anonymous,

You can upload sample file to onedrive or google drive and paste share link here..

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-shex-msft

To revise my question
On the visualization, The body column shouldn't show values more than 3, because we only have 3 body sensors in the room. Whenever there is someone in the room(near to the sensor) the body sensor can send values more than once in 10 mins interval , So whenever the body sensor sends a value(1) more than once in 10 mins interval I want to take only 1 value for each body sensor ABC, DEF, GHI, So I can see how many people were in the room in 10 mins interval.

I hope it's clear.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bjP99zYKt0H2HezA5r4b6MzkXrsw8NOs

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-shex-msftdoes the file open for you?

Hi @Anonymous,

You can try to use following measure which use firstnonblank function to filter these same value based on current type and time interval:

First BodyValue =
CALCULATE (
    FIRSTNONBLANK ( Append1[BodyValue], [BodyValue] ),
    FILTER (
        ALLSELECTED ( Append1 ),
        [Type] = MAX ( Append1[Type] )
            && [TimeInterval] = MAX ( Append1[TimeInterval] )
    )
)

7.png

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-shex-msft

Thanks for your reply!

This only shows 1 body value at 10:40 and 10:50, but it was supposed to show 2 body values for each, because between the time interval 10:40-10:50 we have 2 body values from Sensor type ABC and GHI and between the time interval 10:50-11:00 we have 2 body values from sensor type ABC and GHI.
If there is more than 1 value in 10 mins interval it takes only 1 of them from each type and adds them together so that I know how many people were in the room based on the value of each body sensors(Type).

The result I am expecting to see is like below

LastSample.PNG

Hi @Anonymous,

>>If there is more than 1 value in 10 mins interval it takes only 1 of them from each type and adds them together so that I know how many people were in the room based on the value of each body sensors(Type).

Nope, line and clustered column chart not support to group line field measure to multiple graph.  You can change it to column field and add column series so power bi can analyze it as multiple bars.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

themistoklis
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous

This link will help you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors