Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

joshlwulf
Helper I
Helper I

Display values based on earliest date selected

I'm trying to find the first value after the start of a range. The request was for the rank difference over the last year, so I created a series of measures and calculated columns to first define the date 1 year ago as StartOfRange and then find the first value after the StartOfRange and that is what showed up in the (Blank) field below. That wasn't nearly flexible enough and sure enough the user tried to change the date page level filter to something more recent and that errored out of course because the rank that should be displayed here occured before the new page level filter date. 

How do I do the equivalent but based on a page level filter instead of 1 year ago today? Or is there a way to use the earliest date in a sliding date slicer to do the same thing? 

2019-09-16_9-46-26.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I realized that I had way over-complicated this and could use min(date) along with slicer. Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Can you share the Rank calculations

I realized that I had way over-complicated this and could use min(date) along with slicer. Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.