cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asarraz
Regular Visitor

Re: Display total on top of stacked chart

Hello, 

I was wondering if there were any way to only display the line graph data points. My data becomes too cluttered if I have both data points on it.

Thank you,

Anais 

asehenderson
Regular Visitor

Thanks for this suggestion - it worked perfectly for what I needed as well!

Highlighted
menelaos1983 Advocate II
Advocate II

Come on guys, it's been YEARS and we still don't have this BASIC functionality. Literally EVERY time I use a stacked bar chart I get the same reaction "but what's the total? That's useless". Seriously I don't understand what's happening here!!

DanDeHaven
Frequent Visitor

Ask #1)  Be able to control the Line color in the stacked column / line charts with "no fill" option so that it isn't visible or disturb the columns as the previous screen-shots have shown.

Ask#2) Add the Line value label independent properties (font size, font, etc.) 

Ideally, I'd like to have access to all visible properties similar to SSRS. as a wish!

wasim
Frequent Visitor

Frustrated that PBI does not have a simple Total to a stacked column/bar graph I am now using matrix tables on my graphs. I have multi periods and therefore the card method is not ideal. 

Steps: Create a Matrix Table >> Change Column Header Font Color & Background to White >> Turn off the Auto-Size for Column Headers >> Outline to None >> Do the same for Row Headers>> Change Grid Outline color to white >> Send the Matrix Table to back.

Flaw: When the periods change the column width changes as well. 

Hope this helps. It is not perfect but at least takes care of multi-period bar graphs provided the number of periods is constant. 

Chocolate.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can create measure of total and take line chart and Stacked Combo.To hide the line, you can change the line colour to the background of the you report/Chart and in shape option you can change the line style to dotted.

wasim
Frequent Visitor

I did that earlier but the line graph 'text' will show up in the legend right?

Elves_Bells

• Select the stacked bar\line graph.
  • Then, in the Format toolbar.
    • Shapes>Set stroke width to '0'

Appears to work for me 🙂

kgmccann Helper II
Helper II

Make stacked bar and line graph separately. line them up until they overlap how you want (you can turn title and legend and axes off).

only turn labels on for line graph.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using a line and column stacked chart and making the line "invisible" by setting the stroke width to zero, always works for me. You should try it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series.

Join THE global Power Platform event series.

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors