Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Display total of all respective columns in Table visual.

Hi All,

Capture.PNG

As seen in above screen shot I am able to display total of last column only in a Table. My requirement is like I want to display total of actual contribution% and _FTE. 

Please help.

Thanks,

Shraddha.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear @Anonymous,

I have an ex with Salary and % Salary of Employee. You can try this step by step:

1. Create a Column "Total Salary" = SUM(Employees[EmployeeSalary])
  2. Create Measure "Sum Salary" =  CALCULATE(SUM(Employees[EmployeeSalary]))
  3. Create Measure "% Salary" = CALCULATE  ( DIVIDE([sum Salary] , VALUES(Employees[Total Salary])))

If you got some problem, delete some data and upload your pbix file. I can solve directly on your pbix file.

image.png

Regards,

ManNVSM.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

The contribution% is a measure in your table visual? What's your formula and resouce table look like? Please share more details for further analysis.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-huizhn-msft

I have a column in my actual table namely Actual Contribution % . I just dragged and drop this column in a Table visual along with other two columns as shown in screenshot. Then just by enabling Total function of Table visual , I get count of _FTE column and displayed respective count. But when same thing I am trying to do with Actual Contribution % column then I am not able to get respective count over there. And suppose I am taking COUNT( Actual Contribution %) after removing count functionality of _FTE then I am able to get count of actual contri%.

So now my actual issue is like I want to dispaly respective counts of both columns . But at a time I am getting count of only 1 column.

Hope now you will understand my main problem.

Please help.

Regards,

Shraddha

stretcharm
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Make sure your column has a default summarisation under the modelling tab.

However with % calcs it may be better to have a measure that works correctly at all levels. Measures should total automatically.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @stretcharm,

Capture.PNG

I need to show count of actual contri % in a place of red mark..

Is it possible to add measure value in table visual where I marked red circle?

Regards,

Shraddha

What data type? Is it Text is the % part of the value? What is default summarization is there in the modelling tab.

Text fields set to Do not summarise don't show totals.

If your data is summarised already to get each row then you have to use the same type of summarisation on the total.

Try creating a computed column or measure that does the same value and see if that works.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @stretcharm

For % part data type is percentage and default summarization is set to don't summarised.

Now I can am able to get count of Actual contri %. but instaed of 0.00% I am getting 1 in front of each project in a table.

So can we get index numbers like 1,2,3,4..... etc instead of 1 1 1??

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear @Anonymous,

I have an ex with Salary and % Salary of Employee. You can try this step by step:

1. Create a Column "Total Salary" = SUM(Employees[EmployeeSalary])
  2. Create Measure "Sum Salary" =  CALCULATE(SUM(Employees[EmployeeSalary]))
  3. Create Measure "% Salary" = CALCULATE  ( DIVIDE([sum Salary] , VALUES(Employees[Total Salary])))

If you got some problem, delete some data and upload your pbix file. I can solve directly on your pbix file.

image.png

Regards,

ManNVSM.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous,

This works with me . Thanks a lot 🙂

Hi @Anonymous,

The total value is based on the calculation of each rows above, you want to getting running total right? Could you please share your data table in table format rather than screenshot, and list the expected result, so that we can copy data and try to reproduce.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi @Anonymous,

Please try the solution @Anonymous posted, and could you please share the .pbix(delete the sensitive data or create dummy data) for further analysis. If you have resolved your issue, welcome to share your solution or mark the right/helpful reply as answer. More people will benefit from here.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.