Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

srivallyK_14
Helper I
Helper I

Display time and date in x-axis

Hi

I have a field DateTime, Sales and Customer. Here I want to show time range like 12AM-6AM, 6AM-12PM, 12PM-6PM,6PM-12AM in axis along with date means I have to see at which time range sales are happening for all the dates. Can anyone help me on it.

TIA.

Regards,
Srivalli

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
timg
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi Srivally,

You could achieve this by either making a calculated column. Below you'll find an example. If you want to customize the labels such as in the calculated column example, keep in mind that you will also need to add a second calculated column in order to rank the categories correctly (since the custom labels will be text and therefore ordered alphabetically). Below you'll also find an example of how you can make a sorting column.

TimeBucket = 
SWITCH (
    TRUE (),
    HOUR ( 'public click'[utcTimeStamp] ) IN { 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 }, "12AM - 6AM",
    HOUR ( 'public click'[utcTimeStamp] ) IN { 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 }, "6AM - 12PM",
    "ETC."
)
TimeBucketRank = 
SWITCH (
    TRUE (),
    HOUR ( 'public click'[utcTimeStamp] ) IN { 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 }, 1,
    HOUR ( 'public click'[utcTimeStamp] ) IN { 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 }, 2,
)

1.PNG

An alternative would be to create a group with a 6 hour interval size. However, this method does give you fixed labels so you would be required to change these afterwards if you want custom labels 

2.PNG

Best regards,

Tim

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
timg
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi Srivally,

You could achieve this by either making a calculated column. Below you'll find an example. If you want to customize the labels such as in the calculated column example, keep in mind that you will also need to add a second calculated column in order to rank the categories correctly (since the custom labels will be text and therefore ordered alphabetically). Below you'll also find an example of how you can make a sorting column.

TimeBucket = 
SWITCH (
    TRUE (),
    HOUR ( 'public click'[utcTimeStamp] ) IN { 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 }, "12AM - 6AM",
    HOUR ( 'public click'[utcTimeStamp] ) IN { 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 }, "6AM - 12PM",
    "ETC."
)
TimeBucketRank = 
SWITCH (
    TRUE (),
    HOUR ( 'public click'[utcTimeStamp] ) IN { 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 }, 1,
    HOUR ( 'public click'[utcTimeStamp] ) IN { 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 }, 2,
)

1.PNG

An alternative would be to create a group with a 6 hour interval size. However, this method does give you fixed labels so you would be required to change these afterwards if you want custom labels 

2.PNG

Best regards,

Tim

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors