cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Christian Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Display this week & this month data

I am new in using Power BI, but for me it is a little bit strange that it is so "complicated" to display values for the current month. Call me stupid, but in my opinion this should be possible just with one click in the chart properties or somehting like that.

For me the solution with the extra column and 0 or 1 values fitted the best, but I have an additional question which refers to the problem above. Is it possible to display a Text with the current month in the Dashboard like a headline?

elliotdixon Member

Hi @Christian I have the same issue.

To get around this I created a column called Month-Year and then put it on the report as a Multi-Row-Card visual.

When the filters applied to the page change the value in that column will change. The top Jan-2016 is driven by what is selected in the filters. e.g.

MonthSummary.png

This works as filters are applied.

Other option could be if you applied the isinlastmonth = 1 as a filter on the entire page. This will remove the need for those two manual filters to constantly be changed and should just always show the previous month.

Rgds, ED

kenthub Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

@cwayne758 Hi can you show me a screen grab of where you put this along with an example use of the funciton? Thanks in advance!

B_Real Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Great post by @elliotdixon! So you've got a bunch of filters to determine whether something falls within last 7 days, or last 30 days, or this year. This is fine if we want to apply just one of the filters to the dashboard. But what if we want the user to select which filter to show? For example, say we have these three filters:

IsInCurrentWeek

IsInLastWeek

IsLast30Days

Can we show a single filter in the dashboard so that the user can select which one of those three filters (current week, last week, or last 30 days)?

In Tableau, these 'previous week', 'previous month', 'previous 6 month' (etc.) type selectors are already built in.

Dhilip Visitor
Visitor

IsLast7Days = if(AND([Date]>=[Today]-7,[Date]<=[Today]),1,0) // 1 if is in the last 7 days

Can we make the above formula to show a cumulative total for the last 7 days....

avelio Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

@elliotdixon Hello!

Thank you for your great suggestions. I've also found value in them!

Is there any possibility to create a measure which displays sum of sales for current week and month?

I'm trying to do this because in the same screen i need to display both values in the same screen and using a slicer does not work for me because it will filter all my data.

I've been searching the web for the past days to come up with a formula but no succes.

It would be of great help to me if i could find a solution to this.

BR,

Andrei

amysmith Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

fureysmyth Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

@elliotdixonCould you help out with few calculated columns for the datedimm table, please.

I would need some helpo with following dimensions:

Last Week to Date (i.e. is date between week 1 and last week)

Last Week previous year to date

Current Quarter (I have addeda new column QtrofYear dispalying quarter number.)

Current quarter previous year

Quarter X

Quarter X previous year

Thank you.

Highlighted
billmanassas Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thank you so much!