Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Lopez0090
Helper III
Helper III

Display the values selected by the slicer in the table.

There is a report that uses a table like the one in the image.
Parameter table is a date table created by what-if.

The "Text date" is a text type date column that can be used to search for dates.

110955.jpg

As shown in the image, I am able to create a table visual and display the values selected in "Text date", but the values in the "Area" column of Table2 are displayed in all the rows and cannot be displayed as expected.

note: "Parameter value (= measure)" has not been changed since it was automatically created.

111018.jpg

Parameter value = SELECTEDVALUE('Parameter'[Parameter])

This is an sample, but this is how I would like it to appear in practice.

111041.jpg

If any of you have any good ideas, please let me know.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Lopez0090 

Because you have a one-to-many relationship between Parameter and Table1, so it is reasonable that table1 is filtered according to the date you choose.

vxiaotang_0-1632381071789.pngvxiaotang_1-1632381453670.png

But in your expected result, you want the selected date to appear in all rows of table1, which violates the filter logic. Personally speaking, since there is no relationship between the selected value and table1 & table2, so the desktop cannot decide which row to assign it to. 

In summary, if you want to get the expected results, there must be a specific connection.

By the way, it's also not possible to achieve this with measure, because there is only one row in your table after you select date in slicer, so only this row can get Area,

vxiaotang_2-1632382187258.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Lopez0090 

Sorry for the late reply. The file you shared has been deleted, could you share again? 

Best Regards,

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-xiaotang 

I'm sorry. I've re-shared the file.

171730.jpg

Best regards,

Lopez

https://d.kuku.lu/797481a8b

Hi @Lopez0090 

thanks for your reply.

I think the current result in your sample file is right, the values in the "Area" column of Table2 are displayed as expected now.

vxiaotang_0-1632214328570.png

Best Regards,

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-xiaotang 

Thanks for looking at the sample files.

Now I am using the "RELATED" function to get the Area of Table2.

As you said, it works fine if you use the Area column of Table1 created using Related.

However, in reality, there are a number of tables like Table2.

So I am considering if it is possible to do this without adding any columns to Table1, just measures (As more columns are added, performance is affected...).

Is it possible to achieve this with just a measure?

Best Regards,

Lopez

Hi @Lopez0090 

Because you have a one-to-many relationship between Parameter and Table1, so it is reasonable that table1 is filtered according to the date you choose.

vxiaotang_0-1632381071789.pngvxiaotang_1-1632381453670.png

But in your expected result, you want the selected date to appear in all rows of table1, which violates the filter logic. Personally speaking, since there is no relationship between the selected value and table1 & table2, so the desktop cannot decide which row to assign it to. 

In summary, if you want to get the expected results, there must be a specific connection.

By the way, it's also not possible to achieve this with measure, because there is only one row in your table after you select date in slicer, so only this row can get Area,

vxiaotang_2-1632382187258.png

Best Regards,

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Lopez0090 , I think data is repeating because of Area, You need to take and Min or Max. If I got the issue correctly?

@amitchandak 

Sorry, which value do I need to take from ?

@Lopez0090 , First table Area repeating and second has min of that ?

Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

@amitchandak 

Thank you.

The URL to download the sample file is provided below.

https://d.kuku.lu/2ce93bff2 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.