Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rtaylor
Helper III
Helper III

Display the Category for the Top Numer or Number 1 Rank.

Hello,

I have a TOPN Expression to pull the top row of a table based on the variance expression. I am wondering is there a way to display the BudgetMap[Budget Summary Line] Column for this value.

Var rankotherrentvar = TOPN(1,filter(SUMMARIZE(BudgetMap,BudgetMap[Budget Summary Ovrhead],BudgetMap[Budget Summary Line],"Actuals",actual,"Pyactuals",pyactual,"actvar",actvariancepy1a,"actincrease",actpercentincrease,"Budget",budget,"actvbud",actvbud,"py1actvbud",actpy1vbud),BudgetMap[Budget Summary Ovrhead] = "Other Rent"),[actvar],DESC)

My end result would be a text expression:

"The highest variance in Other Rent, comes from" & BudgetMap[Budget Summary Line]  & "at" & [actvar]
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
rtaylor
Helper III
Helper III

I figure it out. You need to use firstnonblank to pull the column name.

Var rankxfix2 = rankx(Filter(SUMMARIZE(BudgetMap,BudgetMap[Budget Summary Ovrhead],BudgetMap[Budget Summary Line],"actvar",actvariancepy1a),BudgetMap[Budget Summary Ovrhead] = "Other Rents"),actvariancepy1a,,DESC)
Var firstnonblanktest = FIRSTNONBLANK(BudgetMap[Budget Summary Line],rankxfix2=1)

View solution in original post

I wanted to edit this and make is more clear.

1st create a measure for the table with the rank you wish to use

Measure 1 =

var tablerank = Filter(Filter(Filter(all('Actual Details All'[SupplyDetailCat1]),'Actual Details All'[SupplyDetailCat1]<>BLANK()),[Act_Detail_SUB_Act_Detail_PY1]<>0),[Act_Detail_SUB_Act_Detail_PY1]<>blank())
return
if([Act_Detail_SUB_Act_Detail_PY1]=0||[Act_Detail_SUB_Act_Detail_PY1]=blank(),blank(),if(calculate(FIRSTNONBLANK('Actual Details All'[SupplyDetailCat1],'Actual Details All'[SupplyDetailCat1]))=BLANK(),blank(),calculate(rankx(tablerank,[Act_Detail_SUB_Act_Detail_PY1],,DESC,Dense))))

2nd Use Firstnonblank to pull the desired label
ToplineitemSuppliesServices = FirstNONBLANK(Filter(values('Actual Details All'[SupplyDetailCat1]),[SuppliesServicesLineRankExp]=1&&'Actual Details All'[SupplyDetailCat1]<>blank()),1)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
rtaylor
Helper III
Helper III

I figure it out. You need to use firstnonblank to pull the column name.

Var rankxfix2 = rankx(Filter(SUMMARIZE(BudgetMap,BudgetMap[Budget Summary Ovrhead],BudgetMap[Budget Summary Line],"actvar",actvariancepy1a),BudgetMap[Budget Summary Ovrhead] = "Other Rents"),actvariancepy1a,,DESC)
Var firstnonblanktest = FIRSTNONBLANK(BudgetMap[Budget Summary Line],rankxfix2=1)

I wanted to edit this and make is more clear.

1st create a measure for the table with the rank you wish to use

Measure 1 =

var tablerank = Filter(Filter(Filter(all('Actual Details All'[SupplyDetailCat1]),'Actual Details All'[SupplyDetailCat1]<>BLANK()),[Act_Detail_SUB_Act_Detail_PY1]<>0),[Act_Detail_SUB_Act_Detail_PY1]<>blank())
return
if([Act_Detail_SUB_Act_Detail_PY1]=0||[Act_Detail_SUB_Act_Detail_PY1]=blank(),blank(),if(calculate(FIRSTNONBLANK('Actual Details All'[SupplyDetailCat1],'Actual Details All'[SupplyDetailCat1]))=BLANK(),blank(),calculate(rankx(tablerank,[Act_Detail_SUB_Act_Detail_PY1],,DESC,Dense))))

2nd Use Firstnonblank to pull the desired label
ToplineitemSuppliesServices = FirstNONBLANK(Filter(values('Actual Details All'[SupplyDetailCat1]),[SuppliesServicesLineRankExp]=1&&'Actual Details All'[SupplyDetailCat1]<>blank()),1)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.