Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Display text if data has been updated for current update cycle

Hello, this is my first post here.

I currently have an excel table that is imported to PowerBI, with fiscal month (format FM01, FM02 etc) and fiscal week (format FW01, FW02) as two columns, as well as another four columns that define the start and end dates of the corresponding fiscal months and weeks. The data found within this table is manually maintained ie. data is entered periodically every fiscal month and week.

I would like to implement something that would alert the viewer of the report if data used for a particular visualisation is current, or has not been updated for the defined period. For example, if today falls under fiscal week FW20, and the data was only updated for FW19, the visualisation should indicate that the data is not up to date.

Is this something that can be done?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi kiwizt,

Based on your description, I am not clear about your requirement, did you mean that you want to show data before current week or you want to update the data based on week?

If you want to show data bafore current week, you could create meaurse to filter data which < current week. But if you want to update data based on week, you need to know, when you modify the dataset, when you refresh the dataset, it will update the all data, it can't update based on week status or choose corresponding week data to update.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Apologies for not being clear. As the data is manually entered into Excel weekly, I would like a way to alert the viewer of the report whether the data is current or outdated. For eg. if the current date is out of the fiscal week defined, then display a warning (text, colour or alternative).

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.