Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

v-dabatc
Employee
Employee

Display refresh date

I'd like to be able to display a 'last refreshed date' on my report.  This date value is coming from our database.  I'm looking for a control to use which will display only the refresh date.  There is a table visualization, but a column header appears above the date, and I haven't found a way to remove the header.  

RefreshDate001.PNG

Similarly, there is the card visualization, but it is trying to aggregate (count) my value coming from the database, so that all that gets displayed in the card is '1', instead of the date. 

RefreshDate002.PNG

I was able to get a percentage value to appear in the card control, but getting a date to appear has not worked.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

I just tossed one onto my reports using this expression as a measure: Last Refreshed = LASTDATE(SalesPerformance[Posting Date])

I set it as date type then placed it on a card. While it does show the heading of last Refreshed, I can go into the settings and drop the title off of the card. What you already have should work. If you swith the data type to date it should no longer do a count.

date tile.JPG

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

I just tossed one onto my reports using this expression as a measure: Last Refreshed = LASTDATE(SalesPerformance[Posting Date])

I set it as date type then placed it on a card. While it does show the heading of last Refreshed, I can go into the settings and drop the title off of the card. What you already have should work. If you swith the data type to date it should no longer do a count.

date tile.JPG

The measures above will show the last date in context. You'll need to explicitly ignore filter context coming from the slicers and filters on the report page.

This is fine if you have a separate table that's not related to any of those filter fields. If you're taking the last date from a fact table, though, you'll want to use an ALL() in there to make sure you're not seeing the last date for a particular dimension selection:

// DAX
// Measure
MostRecentDate =
CALCULATE(
    MAX( 'Fact'[Date] )
    ,ALL( 'Fact' )
)

// or using LASTDATE()

MostRecentDAte =
CALCULATE(
    LASTDATE( 'Fact'[Date] )
    ,ALL( 'Fact' )
)
kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

@greggybI agree.Excellent point on the DAX. I just created a quick date refreshed in context of the report currently on my desktop.

The original question was how to display it as a date in a card with no title. The original poster had the expression he wanted to use but it was showing up as a count of days instead of the actual date. I recommended changing the data type associated with the expression before placing it on a card.  Once it is on the card, my illustration  provides key locations for dropping the card label or, at the very least, hiding the label by changing the font color if it will not completely drop the label.

asocorro
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

You can define a measure to calculate the MAXA of your date column and then use that.

Connect with me in LinkedIn: https://pr.linkedin.com/in/adolfosocorro
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AdolfoSocorro

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.