Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Deamo
Frequent Visitor

Display rank for current user

I have ranked data in a matrix based on volumes & manager name, that filters based on the financial year selected.

rank_table.jpg

What I want to do on a separate details page, is filter all the results to the current manager, by using the USERNAME() formula. The other measures i'm using work fine with this additional filter. The RANK, however, i've been unable to figure out, without using a slicer.

Based on the table above, viewing the details page as Steven, I want to see the rank of 4 for the ETOU GWh - every variation i've tried so far as returned 1 - presumably because it's filtering the entire dataset to Just Steven.

9 REPLIES 9
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Hi @Deamo

Do you carry the information about the financial year selected through to your details page?  I think this will be needed to re-work out on your details page what Stevens ranking should be.

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Hi @Phil_Seamark

No, it's not - the financial year is selected via slicers.. is it possible to carry that across pages?

I have a measure calculate what the selected financial year is, which is used in other measures to filter the data.

The etou gwh won measure calculation is this:

ETOU GWh Won = CALCULATE(SUM(WIP_Data[TOU Volume]),
			FILTER('WIP_DATA',WIP_Data[Outcome]="Won"),
			FILTER(ALL(Dates),Dates[FINANCIAL_YR]=MAX(Dates[FINANCIAL_YR])),
			FILTER(WIP_Data,WIP_Data[Fuel ]="Elec"))+0

This is the current Rank measure:

ETOU Rank = RANKX(ALL(Managers[MANAGER_NAME]),[ETOU GWh Won]) 

Hi @Deamo

Slicers can only filter visuals on the same report page as the slicer.  They have no effect on other pages.  Will that be a problem?

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Not at all, I've put a financial year slicer on the details page as well, so the managers can see how they did in years past

Hi @Deamo

One idea is to create a calcuated table in with data aggregated to just what you need and add the [ETOU GWh Won] and [Rank] formulas as calcuated columns on the calcuated table

Proud to be a Datanaut!

@Phil_Seamark

I had the same thought, couldn't get the rank working there either as because I want it to rank the mangers by financial year.

I found this post - https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Rank-a-list-based-on-2-values-double-rankX/td-p/4400... not sure how to apply it to what i'm trying to do

Hi @Deamo,

Could you try this formula?

ETOU Rank = RANKX(ALLSELECTED(Managers[MANAGER_NAME]),[ETOU GWh Won]) 

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks @v-yulgu-msft,

I tried that in a measure and calculated table, both returned 1 for all records.

I've decided to go another way with this report - so rank isn't going to be used any further.

Hi @Deamo,

Thanks for your sharing.

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors